Monday 12 January 2009

worries!


As everyone wo knows me would say, i am a worrier. I worry about the smallest things to such a point that i begin to panic. I even worry for other people when they're not worrying...its crazy! I have reached this stage now!

I am so worried about this project. I feel completely lost. I was really interested in creating a project at st marys for primary school children to be a part of, what i was unsure about was what exactly i wanted to present. Do i want to do a production? Do i want the children to showcase their talents and create a variety show? or do i want to recreate true stories as after our lesson on reminiscence theatre my brain got whirling once more. I feel so lost with so many ideas but no where to go.

As i said i would, I created leaflets and handed them out to parents at my place of work, "nelson and st eds afterschool club." Almost every parent took a leaflet and i have had a few responses, but im not sure if it's enough to create a project with. maybe there is a small response due to my lack of information in the leaflet, or maybe the parents have forgotten, as i did this before christmas, the busiest time of year! I am reluctant to create another batch of leaflets however as i am still so un clear as to the direction i'm headed. I've booked the theatre space during march, however i am still unaware if this is going to be suitable! please help me! i need inspiration that will make me think..." yes that's exactly what I want to do!!!......

1 comment:

Mark Griffin said...

Hi Kirsty

I'm not sure that autobiographical stories dramatised by the children is the right way to go, unless it's in direct response to something specific (but then I'm not sure how dramatic that would be.) I suspect the age of the participants means that fantasy or fiction is a more profitable experience. There are lots of great texts for children to work with. Come and have a chat.

Mark